Nick, Carolyn, Eve, Sky (June 2004)

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Photos of Sky

Here (because it's all I can muster right now in the way of expressing my grief) are photos of Sky I scanned and posted for everyone to see if they want to. Thank you to Carol Zbuska, Sky's Aunt (Beverly's sister), who ran right out and got reprints made to send to Eve for me to scan. Thank you to Crystal for the current photos of her with Sky. The bulk of the rest of the photos are from Sky's own collection. A final few are from my photo archive (I wish I had more). If you have photos you want to add to the display, please send them to me and I will add them as soon as I can. Michael Chung is going to create a Power Point presentation for Sky's memorial and it would be great to have more photos for that.

I also created a link to the photo page underneath the beautiful and haunting self-portrait of Sky and Crystal at the top right of this blog.

Thank you all so gratefully much for all the amazingly wonderful posts and tender thoughts. So tragically beautiful that so much love and kindness has been born out of Sky's passing. I keep writing letters to Sky in my head but can't seem to get the words right on paper. My heart aches for all the pain he must have endured, was enduring. Sky was a beautiful, loving, kind, funny, radiant, and amazing man. I counted his presence in my life as one of the bonus blessings to marrying his sister, Eve. I grieve for the pain he endured for so long and finally couldn't survive, pain I know only too well from my own bouts of depression at that same age and younger. Pain I wish I had shared with him.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that beautiful, loving, kind, funny, radiant, and amazing Sky is no longer of this world. I just feel a big empty numbness in my heart for all the love that I had (have) for Sky that has no avenue to express itself (in this world) anymore.

Here is a letter written by Kevin P. Austin, PhD, Senior Director for Health and Counseling Services at Caltech. Kevin's words express in much fuller and clearer ways what I am feeling and thinking and don't know how to say. Thank you, Kevin, for your powerful, thoughtful, and meaningful words.

So hug each other, love each other, talk to each other. Be the radiant, open, beautiful person you are. Silence is not golden, it is deadly. Speak up, speak out. And listen. This is the cure--let that be Sky's legacy!

Rest in peace, Sky. And then journey on....

No comments: