Nick, Carolyn, Eve, Sky (June 2004)

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Forever

Sky –
How can it be true? It can’t be true – I say over and over as I walk down the hall. But it is true, I feel it everywhere, I see it in everyone. It’s a sadness that is inescapable.

Did you know how hard it would be for those left behind? Those, whom, as you say, loved you deeply. I am filled with heartache that the world has lost someone so special. And, if I, someone who knew you for only a short time (too short, I now regret) can feel this strongly, what the others must feel is unimaginable to me.

How should we go on? You told us that we should not be sad. That is hard, too hard. You told us also to think of you whenever we see something beautiful. That will be easy. I will never again look to the sky the same, but instead will feel your spirit and do my best to remember what you wanted for all of us, a better world.

But, why would you leave us to do this alone? I know the answer – that we are not really alone. That you are still out there somewhere, watching over those you loved, those that still need you and always will. If I got to pick my guardian angel, I’d choose you.

Are we supposed to let go? I miss you already, and will always remember your great laugh, sometimes (often) crazy hair, and your taste for bad margaritas. You affected each and every one of us, whether we knew you well or only for a short time. I have been forever changed by you, Sky. And for that, I am thankful and will never really let you go.

May you soar now as high as you wish, and find peace, unencumbered. Let your soul be your guide – why should now be any different.

No comments: