Nick, Carolyn, Eve, Sky (June 2004)

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chao's Words to Sky

From Sky's friend and labmate, Chao Li:

-Sky, just feeling have some words in my body for you.
Whatever where you are,
just listen!

-You always tried to scare me from my back, this time,
you know, you really scared me to cry! I do not want
to say anything complimentary, I know that will make you
uncomfortable. I just want to ask you - did you forget your
promise to me that you would invite me to attend your
wedding? And you also declared you will have many
kids in your life, all of these, you totally forgot? As friends,
should keep their promise, right? You said you like to
journey around the world, and therefore, you made me
really to imagine one day in future I have invited your family
to visit Great Wall, Forbidden city, and my home town -
there is kind of California, dry and beautiful.
You are a real "bad ass"! You taught me this word;
today I got using it!

-Actually, I don't know what I am saying -
Just let words spilling out of my heart in a non-science way.
I know I may not be a good scientist, at least not a good
geobiologist! I say this, you may be happy? You always
thought me that way, didn't you?

-Sky, my buddy, where did you go?
Do you know I am missing you so much? Yes,
you also know I would miss you in my rest life
when I am alone,
when I am watching my son playing,
and when I wake during the nights...

-Take care, "bad ass"!

Chao

No comments: