Nick, Carolyn, Eve, Sky (June 2004)

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Can't sleep

What was it like for you, this night, 2 years ago? What horrors, what waking nightmares? Oh, Sky.

Tonight Coggy and I had dinner at Greens, chosen in your honor. Dinner rocked. You would have loved it, all veggie stuff of course. We laughed our way all through dinner. Then when we got our credit cards out to pay, we both also brought out the pictures of you that we each keep in our wallets, all the time. Coggy's is an adorable school pic of you, not this one but I can't find that one, which is a few years younger.


Mine is your crazy high school ID card with the "Follow Me to Hooters" sign. You fucking nut.


I don't even know how to feel the depth and breadth of this loss. I'm still just blindly feeling my way around the edges of this thing.

Jesus, I miss you, bro. We all do. I guess I don't have the right words to even say it right.

No way am I getting to sleep any time soon tonight.

I love you, baby. I'm sorry. Hope you're having safe travels, happy trails, peace.

xo,Eve

No comments: