Nick, Carolyn, Eve, Sky (June 2004)

Thursday, August 28, 2008

From Han


Looking at my snowboard right now. Now it reminds me of you. I am in my room looking at some framed pictures that some of the people from the Leighton lab once got me and every one of them has you, KJ, Wendy, Amir, Sasha, Bill, Esperanza and Jonathan in them. My favorite is the one we all took at the Reno buffet after boarding in Tahoe.

I remember the last time we were in the same vincinity. I was in Tahoe and we were supposed to meet me up there. But alas, some idiot in a Suburu came and caused an accident with your car such that we were unable to meet up. That would have been the last official time we would have boarded together and I regret it infinitely.

You called me occasional to see if I was in Tahoe despite the fact that I am in school on the East Coast. I always wondered why so and it made me laugh. Now that I think about it, I wish I would have stayed on the phone longer just to talk and catch up rather than just brushing you aside

Today, I drink Gin and Tonics in your honor (one too many as I write this). I wish we could hit the powder one last time. I miss you and I promise I will do everything in my power to make you proud of me.

- Han

No comments: